Small, independent businesses are the heart of the UK economy, with small business making up well over half of total private sector employment in the United Kingdom. But they’ve been brought to their knees, by state ordered closures and are now struggling to survive.
And now Scotland-headquartered BrewDog has introduced a new initiative to help those industries weather these difficult and uncertain times….
“Small, independent businesses exist at the very heart of the UK economy, with small business creating well over half of total private sector employment in the UK. All over the country right now, many of those are fighting to survive through this crisis. More specifically, for those who own and operate a pub, bar or bottleshop, there have never been more uncertain and concerning times.”
“At BrewDog, we have supported independent businesses in the hospitality sector since day one, and just as importantly, we are very grateful for how those businesses supported us as we grew over the years. We could not have built BrewDog into the business that it is today, without that support.”
Responding to these unprecedented times, the now global craft brewer has launched BrewDog Kickstart Collective, a targeted program to help independent bars, pubs and bottleshops navigate the many challenges of re-opening after the lockdown period ends.
Any independent bar, pub or bottleshop can apply to benefit from BrewDog’s support HERE, and the first 500 who do so, will receive the following…
- £250 of BrewDog beer to help with the restocking of their venue before reopening.
- Access to BrewDog’s research and plans on re-opening, and advice and guidance on re-opening practices, safety measures, marketing and promotion, and more from a range of industry experts including Food Alert, Citation HR and Supersonic Inc.
- Access for their teams to online beer training sessions from one of BrewDog’s awesome Certified Cicerone beer sommeliers.
- A discount card for each member of their teams to use in BrewDog bars once they reopen.
- Promotion of their venue on the BrewDog website where we will post a map of all of the fantastic businesses that we are supporting through this initiative.
- An invite to a live webinar with practical advice on the reboot of hospitality, led by David McDowall, its COO featuring industry expert guests.
This from BrewDog…
“Bars, Pubs and Bottleshops are an incredibly important part of the fabric of the communities that they serve. As customers, we all build long lasting and meaningful relationships with these types of business and the amazing teams who work in them.”
“We hope that, in some small way, this program of support will give some of them a better chance of surviving, and in turn help protect the diverse, unique and creative hospitality industry in the UK, that we are so proud to be a part of.”
Want more on good works from BrewDog?