Festive foods take on new meaning when made with serious craft beer. And Founders Brewing has a widely available IPA that’s a Jack-of-all-trades when it comes to cooking with beer.
Founder’s original recipe, which came our way from Justin Golinski Culinary Director at Founders Brewing in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was made with Founder’s Mosaic Promise, a single-hop Pale Ale which is currently on hold at the brewery…
So we substituted Founders Centennial IPA, a year-round 7.2% ABV India Pale Ale with bright citrus accents, and it did the trick.
Let’s do this…
Centennial IPA Peanut Curry Chicken Satay
- 4-6 chicken tenderloins (bigger is better)
- 1.5 cans Founders Centennial IPA
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy is preferred)
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 fl. oz.)
- 5 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cooked lentils or rice & pickled fennel for serving.
- Skewers (for skewering)
- Put your tenderloins in a mixing bowl, and add 1 bottle of Mosaic Promise and 1 tablespoon of curry powder. Set aside for at least half an hour.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Start up your grill, and set to medium/medium-high heat. Oil up those grates.
- Skewer up the tenderloins, and paint with Peanut Butter Curry Sauce.
- Put the skewers on the grill, and apply curry sauce as needed, maybe even reserve a little for dipping. Grill for approximately 10 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked lentils or rice with pickled fennel (for extra flair)!
Want more beer recipes?
We’ve got them…
SIERRA NEVADA CELEBRATION IPA CARAMEL POPCORN
LAGUNITAS UNREFINED SHUGGA’ BREAD PUDDING
OKTOBERFEST BEER CHEESE PRETZEL SKILLET
OSKAR BLUES CITRUS-CHILI WINGS
DALE’S PALE ALE STUFFED PIZZA BREAD
(All image credits: Founders Brewing)