Building on the success of legendary beer and food pairing events like SAVOR, the Brewers Association is launching PAIRED LA in Los Angeles this fall, a brand new event that will bring together the nation’s most celebrated chefs and cutting-edge craft brewers.
Here’s the deal…
Furthering their commitment to pairing serious beer and artful cuisine, the BA will be introducing PAIRED LA to Los Angeles on October 18th & 19th and it’s going to be a big deal.
Curated by Chef Adam Dulye, executive chef for the Brewers Association, PAIRED is the ultimate collaboration between celebrated chefs and small and independent craft brewers from around the country and nothing like this has seen its way to the West Coast until now.
“Food and beer have been elevated to new levels, and the Brewers Association is proud to lead that charge,” said Nancy Johnson, events director, Brewers Association. “We’re thrilled to share PAIRED with a new audience and look forward to seeing what great pairings these brewers and chefs have in store for us.”
Just as with the SAVOR section process, a cadre of 42 small and independent craft brewers will be selected via lottery to participate in PAIRED LA. And those brewers will partner with 21 chefs to create two delectable dishes paired with two special beers.
Some of the participating chefs confirmed to date include…
- Alex Seidel, 2018 James Beard Award winner, Mercantile Dining and Provision, (Denver, Colo.)
- Kevin Nashan, 2017 James Beard Award winner, Sidney Street Café (St. Louis, Mo.)
- John Tesar, Knife (Dallas, Tex.)
- Mike Friedman, Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand recipient The Red Hen (Washington, D.C.)
- Brittanny Anderson, James Beard award nominee, Metzgar Bar and Butchery (Richmond, Va.)
- Michael Fiorelli, Love & Salt (Manhattan Beach, Calif.)
- Kyle Johnson, Bourbon Steak LA (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Bruce Kalman, Union (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Nathan Anda, Red Apron Butcher (Washington, D.C.)
- Sean Clark, El Moro Spirits & Tavern (Durango, Colo.)
- John Cox, The Bear and Star (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
- Brad Daniels, Blackbelly (Boulder, Colo.)
- Nathan Duensing, Marsh House (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Gavin Fine, JH Fine Dining Group (Jackson Hole, Wyo.)
- Kyle Mendenhall, Arcana (Boulder, Colo.)
- Nathan Miller, Nathan Miller Chocolates (Chambersburg, Penn.)
- Lamar Moore (Chicago, Ill.)
- Timothy Rattray, The Granary (San Antonio, Tex.)
- Paul C. Reilly, beast + bottle (Denver, Colo.)
- Jeremy Sewall, Row 34 (Boston, Mass.)
- Sam Talbot, Sam Talbot Consulting (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Kelly Whitaker, Basta (Boulder, Colo
PAIRED LA will take place this fall at Los Angeles Center Studios, an actual full-service independent film and television studio in LA’s Westlake District and a very cool location to host this inaugural event.
A limited number of VIP tickets which include early entrance access to the private VIP Lounge overlooking the event area, specialty beer tastings with brewers, gifts and more (!) will be available for both nights.
Tickets are $85 for general admission. A presale for Brewers Association and American Homebrewers Association members will take place on July 17th and public tickets on sale July 18th via Ticketmaster.
All image credits: Brewers Association