Spring is thankfully just around the corner. And brewers are addressing the coming season with new variety packs that make buying in bulk cool again.
Hop Valley Patty-O Variety Pack
Springfield, Oregon-based Hop Valley Brewing has a playful new collection of Hazy IPA variations that should pair smartly with spring (and maybe even spring break). Designed by Hop Valley’s wildly experimental Head Brewer Patrick Whiting, all of these new beers feature different warm weather fruits.
- Operation Vacation (Peach/Pear) –This Hazy India Pale Ale variation is fueled on a heavy dry hop dosing of Simcoe and Cryo Hops resulting in a tasty juice bomb with intense aromas of peach, citrus, and fresh pear. (6% ABV)
- Pineapple Stash House (Pineapple) – Generous heaps of pineapple were added to the fermenter to create a tropical harmony with Simcoe Cryo Hops. (6.7% ABV)
- Stash Panda (Grapefruit) – This Hazy IPA features Citra Cryo Hops and a hefty helping of grapefruit peel give this bright hazy tropical ale an unmasked citrus flavor and aroma. (6.5% ABV)
- Stash Bandicoot (Apricot/Berries) – Discover a juicy jungle with notes of apricots and red berries in this Hazy Imperial IPA. (8% ABV)
Dogfish Head’s Spring Variety Pack
Flipping the middle finger at the whole concept of winter, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is debuting a new spring-themed beer compilation that the Milton, Delaware headquartered brewery describes as “the perfect mix of warm weather beers.”
Dogfish Head’s Spring Variety Pack contains a smart assortment of four off-centered ales, three of them a mix of fan favorites as well as the limited-time return of one of the brewery’s most frequently-requested beers, as a variety pack exclusive.
And here’s how Dogfish Head describes what’s in it…
- 60 Minute IPA – Brewed with a boatload of intense Northwest hops added continuously throughout the beer’s 60-minute boil, this 6% ABV India Pale Ale is pungently hoppy, but not crushingly bitter.
- SeaQuench Ale – A sessionable 4.9% ABV sour mash-up of a crisp Kölsch, a salty Gose and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt,
- Namaste – A balanced 4.8% ABV Belgian-style White Ale brewed with dried organic orange slices, fresh-cut lemongrass and a bit of coriander. Think classic Witbier but oft-centered
- Festina Pêche – An uber-refreshing take on the Berliner Weiss, this 4.5% ABV fruit-forward session sour is brewed with truckloads of fresh peaches for a tart, yet slightly sweet finish with bright notes of peach pits and rinds.
Southern Tier 2X Factor Double IPA Mixed Pack
Lakewood, NY-based Southern Tier Brewing is doubling down on high-octane variations of its iconic 2XIPA.
The 2X Factor Double IPA Mixed Pack includes 4 different Double IPAs, 3 of each, all of them clocking in at 8.2% ABV.
And here’s what’s in it…
- 2XIPA – The classic, a hop-forward 8.2% ABV Double India Pale Ale that has inspired a ravenous cult-following on the East Coast.
- 2XHAZE – A hazy take on the original that’s just as aggressive, but equally juicy and smooth.
- 2XCITRUS adds fresh oranges and grapefruit into the mix taking the tropical tones of the original into the stratosphere.
- 2XPERIMENTAL – a dank and fresh West-Coast Style IPA that is crafted wit experimental hops from Hop Breeding Company hand-picked by Southern Tier’s VP of Operations Matt Dunn at the most recent hop harvest in the Pacific Northwest.
The 2X Factor Mixed Pack is now available throughout the East Coast including Southern Tier Taprooms in Lakewood, NY, Buffalo, NY, Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH and Charlotte, NC.