In the coming year, Dogfish Head will be doubling down on its off-beat approach to brewing with plans to release more than 160 unique products.
From the brewery’s lineup of regional and national beers and scratch-made distilled spirits, to its ever-expanding list of exclusives available only at its coastal Delaware properties, Dogfish Head will be uber-aggressive in 2020.
“The announcement of our yearly lineup of releases is always one of my favorite moments of the year, especially since it includes so many creative and still-to-be invented offerings,” said Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head…
“While our calendar of nationally-distributed brands is ready to roll, many of our regional and local releases remain in ideation. This allows our talented brewers and distillers, and me, the flexibility to quickly consider whims, hunches, artistic trends and the following of our collective muse to inform our creative journey.”
And here’s just some of what Dogfish Head has planned for 2020.
Dogfish Head’s Year-Round Lineup
- Slightly Mighty (4.0% ABV) – a lower calorie IPA with all the flavor and tropical aromas of a world class IPA, but only 95 calories, 3.6g carbs, 1g protein and 0g fat per 12oz serving
- 60 Minute IPA (6.0% ABV) – a continually hopped, East Coast IPA brewed with a slew of Northwest hops for a powerful, but balanced citrusy hop character
- SeaQuench Ale (4.9% ABV) – a super-refreshing session sour mashup of a Kölsch, Gose and Berliner Weiss brewed with lime peel, black limes and sea salt
- 90 Minute Imperial IPA (9.0% ABV) – an imperial IPA chock full of heavy aromas of pine resin and citrus, and flavors of brandied fruit cake, orange marmalade and toffee
- SuperEIGHT (5.3% ABV) – a full-flavored sour brewed with a bevy of heroic ingredients, including prickly pear, mango, boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry, elderberry, kiwi, red quinoa and Hawaiian sea salt
- Liquid Truth Serum (7.0% ABV) – an unfiltered IPA brewed with whole leaf, liquefied, pelletized and powered hops for citrusy, tropical notes and a juicy, hoppy flavor
- Midas Touch (9.0% ABV) – a beer/wine/mead hybrid brewed with saffron for a sweet, yet dry, recreation of an ancient liquid found in King Midas’ tomb
- Palo Santo Marron (12.0% ABV) – an unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented brown ale aged on Palo Santo wood
- American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA (7.0%) ABV – a newly-released collaboration with the Grateful Dead that is brewed with spelt, an ancient heirloom grain that contributes earthy notes and a natural haze, and dosed with a special yeast strain designed to liberate hop aromatics
Dogfish Head Off-Centered Art Series Releases
For Dogfish Head’s 2019-2020 Off-Centered Art Series, the brewery partnered with world-renowned artist and illustrator Dan Stiles to develop innovative, new label artwork for four of its offbeat brew
- The Perfect Disguise (8.0% ABV) – an American, double dry-hopped IPA disguised as a Kölsch
- Sun-Day-Feels (6.5% ABV) – a new, brunch-inspired, beer-mosa sour brewed with pureed peaches, wine grapes and a medley of citrus fruit
- Punkin Ale (7.0% ABV) – a full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Campfire Amplifier (7.5% ABV) – a new, s-mores-centric milk stout brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate and a touch of smoked malt
Other Dogfish Head Occasional Releases
- Vibrant P’Ocean (4.7% ABV) – a new, blended sour brewed in collaboration with Rodenbach Brewery that boasts tart, dry flavors of jammy berries and floral lemon
- 120 Minute IPA (15-20% ABV) – an imperial IPA continually hopped throughout the boil, then intensely dry hopped with a blend of citrusy and piney Pacific Northwest hops
- Costumes & Karaoke (8.0% ABV) – a new, complex oat cream ale brewed with turmeric, ginger, yellow cardamom, cinnamon and smoked star anise, and aged on Madagascar vanilla beans
Mid-Atlantic beer fans can also expect a variety of limited-edition, 750ml bottles from the brewery’s R&DFH Series that will be available at Dogfish Head’s production facility in Milton, Delaware, as well as an abundance of draft-only beers for enjoyment at the brewery’s Milton Tasting Room & Kitchen and Rehoboth Beach Brewpub.
Additionally, the brewery plans to distribute a broad selection of small-batch, 375ml bottles from its ‘Wooden … it be nice!’ wild beer program.