We get that we’re a craft beer site…but don’t act like you don’t want to know.
Here’s the deal…
Online career site Zippia released a ranking of peoples’ favorite Thanksgiving side dishes by state. Their research was hardly rocket science but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still stupid fun.
Zippia basically used Google keyword trends to find the favorite of more than 20 traditional side dishes and ranked foods that came in at #1
- Mashed potatoes are the favorite of 10 states. (How come we’re not surprised?)
- Right behind mashed potatoes is mac n’ cheese (We would have thought stuffing.)
- While most states are reaching for the carbs, Maine went with the side salad and we have to ask WTF?
- The Midwest is all about casseroles, especially of green bean casseroles.
- In Alabama stuffing isn’t called, it’s called “dressing” down there.
- Only New Hampshire is a big fan of cranberry sauce, even Massachusetts where most cranberries are farmed, went with stuffing.
- Biscuits. Rolls. Crescent rolls. Forget the fancy sides, hot bread rules!
- 47 states went with carbs. Only 3 went with vegetable and we bet those dishes are drenched in fat.
Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dish by State
|Arizona||Green bean casserole|
|Delaware||Mac And Cheese|
|District of Columbia||Mac And Cheese|
|Florida||Sweet Potato Casserole|
|Georgia||Mac And Cheese|
|Idaho||Green bean casserole|
|Maryland||Mac And Cheese|
|Michigan||Green bean casserole|
|Mississippi||Baked Sweet Potatoes|
|Nebraska||Green bean casserole|
|New Hampshire||Cranberry Sauce|
|New Mexico||Green bean casserole|
|North Carolina||Mac And Cheese|
|North Dakota||Mashed Potatoes|
|Ohio||Green bean casserole|
|South Carolina||Mac And Cheese|
|South Dakota||Crescent Rolls|
|Tennessee||Sweet Potato Casserole|
|Texas||Green bean casserole|
|Virginia||Mac And Cheese|
Happy Thanksgiving from the American Craft Beer crew….Now back to beer.