2020, an unprecedented year, is now thankfully over. And Portland, OR-based Ecliptic Brewing is addressing 2021 with an expansive roster of beer offerings to look forward to…
Founded by brewing icon John Harris in 2013 Ecliptic Brewing, an Oregon beer icon whose background whose love of brewing and astronomy informs the brewery and many of its beer’s names, is ready to take on the new year, with fan favorites and “astronomical” new additions.
Ecliptic will continue with their current All the Time Series beers, but the company’s two sour ale offerings – Carina Peach Sour Ale and Tucana Tangerine Sour Ale – are moving from 500ml bottles to 16-ounce cans.
With this transition, all of Ecliptic Brewing beers will be packaged in cans this year, aside from the barrel-aged Reserve Series which will continue to be offered in glass bottles.
All the Time Series
- Ecliptic Starburst IPA
- Capella Porter
- Carina Peach Sour Ale – now in 16oz. cans
- Tucana Tangerine Sour Ale – now in 16oz. cans
Ecliptic will continue its Seasonal Series with five offerings in 2021. Meridian Vanilla Stout, which was introduced last year and kicks off the lineup, will switch from an Irish dry stout to an American stout, and draft will be offered on nitro.
One major change to the series is the introduction of Cloud Core Hazy Pale Ale, which will launch in August and run through October.
- Meridian Vanilla Stout (January/February) – draft on nitro only
- Flamingo Planet Guava Blonde Ale (March/April)
- SunRay Juicy IPA (May/June/July)
- Cloud Core Hazy Pale Ale (August/September/October) – new!
- Filament Winter IPA (November/December)
In the Limited Release Series, Ecliptic will be adding a new addition, Pyxis Pilsner, the company’s first canned lager, available in six packs of 12oz cans in 2021.
“We have been looking at doing a canned pilsner for years, said Ecliptic Brewing’s Sales Manager, Erin Grey Kemplin. “ As a devoted lager drinker myself, I think Pyxis is a much needed addition to our lineup”.
Limited Release Series
- Pyxis Pilsner – new in 12oz cans!
- Phaser Hazy IPA
- Vega IPA
- Altair Fresh Hop Pale Ale
- Astro Fresh Hop Lager
Creativity and collaboration will be showcased in Ecliptic’s Special Release and Cosmic Collaboration Series, with the addition of five collaboration beers in 2021 with regional brewers.
Special Release/Cosmic Collaboration (Listed in order of release)
- Oort Imperial Stout & Oort Imperial Stout: Linzer Torte Edition
- Ecliptic + Wayfinder Cold IPA
- Ecliptic + Chuckanut Vienna Lager
- Ecliptic + Von Ebert Cosmic Collaboration
- Cosmos Coconut & Vanilla Hazy IPA
- Ecliptic + Georgetown Cosmic Collaboration
- Ecliptic + Stoup Cosmic Collaboration
- Eighth Orbit Anniversary Beer
- Sedna Tiramisu Stout
- Orange Giant Barleywine & Orange Giant Barleywine: Pineapple Upside down Cake Edition
Never taking a breather, Ecliptic Brewing will continue to release beers from its barrel-aging program as part of the Reserve Series.
And its Brewer’s Spotlight Series will continue to offer draft only options from the company’s creative brew team in 2021.