Celebrate Thanksgiving and the winter holidays with a delicious snack that’s made with three of the best ingredients on the planet, beer, bacon and cheese.
It’s one of the best “Cooking with Beer” recipes we’ve ever shared.
This one comes our way from Petaluma, California-based Lagunitas Brewing and it uses the brewery’s a Little Sumpin’ Ale, a 7.5% ABV IPA/Wheat Beer hybrid that’s brewed with 50% wheat, 50% malted Barley, and 100% hoppiness.
And did we mention, it’s also made with CHEDDAR CHEESE and BACON?
Lagunitas A Little Sumpin’ Cheese Dip
- 18 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup Rotel
- 1 cup Little Sumpin’
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Let’s do this!
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic powder until smooth.
- Stir in Little Sumpin’, Rotel, cheese and all but 2 tablespoons bacon.
- Cook covered on low, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3-4 hours.
- Take a sip of your Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’
- In last 30 minutes, stir in heavy cream. Top with onion and remaining bacon.
- Serve with your preferred gooey-food-scooping edible apparatus
- And while you’re waiting for the dip to cool a little, it’s time to celebrate your visionary cooking skills by finishing off what’s left of the a Little Sumpin’ Ale and maybe opening another.
And while you’re waiting for the dip to cool a little, it’s time to celebrate your visionary cooking skills by finishing off what’s left of the a Little Sumpin’ Ale and maybe opening another.
Want more beer recipes? We’ve got them…
(Little Sumpin’ Ale image credits: Lagunitas Brewing)