Memorial Day is the one day of the year when America stops to remember its fallen men and women who heroically served in our Armed Forces.
It also marks the unofficial start of summer – a time for cookouts – and friends and family getting together over food and drinks. So you’re gonna need beer…And here are some great new craft beer variety packs that are making buying in bulk cool again!
Firestone Walker Lion’s Share Hoppy 12-Pack
Paso Robles, California-based Firestone Walker is one of a very few craft breweries out there making summertime variety packs that are smart and appealing. And its latest sampler celebrates the award-winning brewery’s hop-instincts with four variations.
Pairing classics with rarer offerings, Lion’s Share Hoppy 12-pack features their terrific Union Jack (a British meets American IPA), the approachable Easy Jack IPA (now with a lower 4% ABV), the brand new Santa Lucia IPA (a next generation West Coast IPA), and Luponic Distortion No. 12, the latest addition from Firestone Walker’s evolving Luponic Distortion Series, a very cool choice on their part, that along with Santa Lucia geeks things up considerably!
Sierra Nevada The Sampler
Chico, California headquartered Sierra Nevada replaced the four different sampler packs it released every year with one year-round variety pack in 2019…but it’s a brilliant collection.
Sierra Nevada The Sampler 12- Pack features a wide-ranging selection of six different primarily hop-forward offerings packaged in 12-ounce bottles and/or cans including…
- Helles in the Tropics – Old-school style meets new-school tradition (4.8% ABV)
- Hop Solo – A Single-Hop IPA with a spicy woodland character (5.5% ABV)
- Tropical Torpedo IPA – A tropical twist on the India Pale Ale (6.7% ABV)
- Pale Ale – A hop-heavy American classic (5.6% ABV)
- Ruthless Rye IPA – Rustic grains and refined flavors (6.6% ABV)
- Sidecar Orange IPA – A complex and citrus-heavy India Pale Ale (6.8% ABV)
The Brooklyn Brewery Box Set
Brooklyn Brewery’s variety 12- pack is a Brooklyn primer with four different beers that are as strategic as they are adventuresome.
- Bel Air Sour – Brooklyn Brewery’s tropical sour (5.8% ABV)
- Stonewall Inn IPA – A bright Citra-hopped Session IPA (4.8% ABV)
- Brooklyn Defender IPA – A generously hopped IPA with a brisk, dry finish. (5.9% ABV)
- Brooklyn Lager – Their classic flagship (5.2% ABV)